Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Kerasma's Greek Gourmet Traveler Summer 2007 Edition. This recipe is from Life Gallery Spa's Chef, Dimitris Lemonis. This recipe was part of the "Spa Foods" article.
- 100 g tomatoes
- 60 g cucumbers
- 40 g arugula leaves
- 2 tablespoons watercress, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curly endive lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 30 g light greek anthotyro cheese or 30 g cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dice the tomato and cucumber and finely chop all the greens and scallion.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the salad in a bowl, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the cheese.
What a refreshing and tasty salad. I couldn't find anthotyro cheese at my local market, so I garnished our servings with low-fat cottage cheese. And I thought it was a great topping for such a light dinner salad. Yum Yum Yum. I'll keep looking for the anthotyro cheese though, because I'd like to try it with that type of cheese the next time I serve this salad.