1/3 Photos of Greek Tomato Salad With Feta Cheese and Olives
In Greek, this recipe is called Saláta Horiátiki! Try to use really good olive oil. Recipe is adapted from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 firm cucumbers
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces (you can use 1/2 green, 1/2 red pepper)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- splash balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out seeds and discard, then cut cucumber into bite-size chunks.
- 2Place in a large bowl and combine with tomatoes, green pepper, onion, feta and olives.
- 3In a small bowl, combine oregano and vinegars and whisk in olive oil. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve with remaining dressing on the side. May serve over lettuce greens if desired.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Tomato Salad With Feta Cheese and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (1720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.0
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 493.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g