ZWT 6. I adapted this recipe from a hot dish in The Little Noodle Cookbook by Patrica Stapley. I like it better cold. The original recipe called for water-packed chunk tuna, but I like to use tuna in olive oil. If you use olive oil packed tuna, you don't drain the can and you can omit 1 tbsp of olive oil from the recipe.
- 2 small lemons
- 8 ounces spiral noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained (if packed in anything other than olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta to al dente stage. Drain and reserve.
- Mix juice of one lemon with olive oil, capers, olives, onion, garlic and tuna.
- Mix pasta with tuna mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are using the feta or hard cooked egg, sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Slice the other lemon into thin wedges and arrange around the sides of the pasta.
- Sprinkle parsley on top to serve.