From Sunset magazine. This salad tastes light and fresh with a vinaigrette dressing.
Make and share this Greek Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup pitted halved kalamata olive
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Flake tuna and then combine with the remaining ingredients except lettuce in a large bowl. Arrange a few lettuce leaves on each of 6 plates. Spoon tuna mixture on top of lettuce and serve with pita chips or warmed pita halves.
- To make the salad more refreshing, chill ingredients for an hour before preparing.
What a perfect dinner for a hot day! The bright flavors are such a nice change from your typical tuna salad. I did swap the bell pepper for cucumbers due to my kids' preference, and quite honestly I forgot to add the oil (duh!) and it was still delicious. Thanks so much for a refreshing change of pace! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
Definitely NOT your ordinary tuna salad! This is out of this world yummy! I made this just as written, but cut back on the oil just a wee bit. The fresh parsley and garlic added such a fresh flavor. Everything about this is delicious. Thanx!
Healthy goodness here! I made for 2 and added 1/2 tomato that I diced. Used home grown greens. Thank you for this yummy salad. OPA! Made for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Team!