Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Greek tuna salad served in pita breads.
Make and share this Greek Tuna Salad Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (7 ounce) tin tuna in brine, drained
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, oregano and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Add the tuna, tomato, red onion and feta cheese, season to taste and toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop. Bring back to room temperature for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
- Warm the pita breads under a low-heat grill. Remove and slice in half. Open carefully and line with spinach leaves.
- Spoon in the tuna mixture and serve immediately.