Greek tuna salad served in pita breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (7 ounce) tin tuna in brine, drained
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine the lemon juice, oil, oregano and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Add the tuna, tomato, red onion and feta cheese, season to taste and toss lightly.
- 2Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop. Bring back to room temperature for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
- 3Warm the pita breads under a low-heat grill. Remove and slice in half. Open carefully and line with spinach leaves.
- 4Spoon in the tuna mixture and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Tuna Salad Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese