Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Greek tuna salad served in pita breads.
Make and share this Greek Tuna Salad Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (7 ounce) tin tuna in brine, drained
- 1 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, oregano and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Add the tuna, tomato, red onion and feta cheese, season to taste and toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop. Bring back to room temperature for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
- Warm the pita breads under a low-heat grill. Remove and slice in half. Open carefully and line with spinach leaves.
- Spoon in the tuna mixture and serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this. I used all the ingredients listed, but I assembled it a bit differently since I was making this for my husband to take to work and didn't want the pita getting all soggy. I mixed up the tuna ingredients and packed that in one container. In a large bowl I tossed the spinach, tomato, red onion, feta (and I threw some diced cucumber in there too.) Then I sent along an Italian Herb tortilla wrap kind-of thing. He assembled it all at work and said it was delicious.