A really yummy meal that comes together quickly and is a meal in itself! I think it came from Pampered Chef...but my mom and I probably altered it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup crouton, crushed
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, chopped (optional)
- 1Combine turkey, 1/4 cup yogurt, croutons, egg white, garlic clove, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup onion.
- 2Mix well and form into 1/2" thick patties.
- 3Cook turkey patties 10-12 minutes in a skillet (lightly greased with olive oil).
- 4When cooked, dice into smaller pieces (otherwise they won't fit into the pitas well).
- 5To make the sauce: mix 2 tablespoons onion, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and at least half of the cucumbers into the remaining yogurt.
- 6Cut pitas in half and fill each with some diced burger, tomato, lettuce, and cucumbers. Top with the yogurt sauce.
- 7These pitas become quite stuffed so you may not need all the veggies.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 642.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g