Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really yummy meal that comes together quickly and is a meal in itself! I think it came from Pampered Chef...but my mom and I probably altered it.
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml onions, finely chopped
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 453.59 g plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml crouton, crushed
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml dried oregano leaves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml cucumber, diced
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 354.88 ml lettuce, chopped (optional)
- Combine turkey, 1/4 cup yogurt, croutons, egg white, garlic clove, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup onion.
- Mix well and form into 1/2" thick patties.
- Cook turkey patties 10-12 minutes in a skillet (lightly greased with olive oil).
- When cooked, dice into smaller pieces (otherwise they won't fit into the pitas well).
- To make the sauce: mix 2 tablespoons onion, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and at least half of the cucumbers into the remaining yogurt.
- Cut pitas in half and fill each with some diced burger, tomato, lettuce, and cucumbers. Top with the yogurt sauce.
- These pitas become quite stuffed so you may not need all the veggies.