Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found at www.cooks.com, entered for ZWT6 & modified slightly to make it more ingredient-friendly ... this low-cal & low-fat dip uses Feta cheese & combines it w/low-fat cottage cheese. Then it adds its veggie texture. I made the pimentos optional & then added capers as 2nd option (Times were estimated w/10 min allowed for ingredient prep & 10 min for combining them. Chill time is not included). *Enjoy* !
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano (Dried or fresh)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces feta cheese (Crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber (Peeled & chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives (Chopped ~ May use Kalamata variety)
- 2 ounces pimientos (Drained & chopped ~ Optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers (Small size ~ Optional)
- Using a blender (or immersion blender), combine cottage cheese, oregano & garlic powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add Feta cheese & blend until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients + optional adds (if used) & chill 2 hrs before serving.