Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yum, I luv this super tasty yet very easy to make veggie dish as a main course. It features green beans, zucchini and onions in a zesty yoghurt sauce and feta cheese.
- 200 g frozen green beans
- 200 g zucchini, sliced
- 4 medium onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 200 g yoghurt (low-fat is fine)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Prepare beans according to package directions in salted water. Drain.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large skillet and sautee onions, garlic and zucchini until lightly browned. Add broth and let simmer covered for about 4 minutes. Add beans.
- For the sauce combine yoghurt, herbs and lemon juice. Pour into two small serving bowls.
- When beans are heated through, sprinkle feta cheese on top of the veggies and serve with the yoghurt sauce and the bread on the side.
- Enjoy! :).
Light and refreshing! Made with garden picked fresh string beans so I didn`t cook in water. Just added in along with the zukes. Didn`t need broth so that was omitted. For the herbs I use Greek oregano, parsley, thyme. Plated and just poured the dressing over it. Didn`t measure a thing just went with it. Thanks!
I used fat free yogurt in this marvelous dish and mixed it into the pan with the veggies so that they would all get coated. This is a truly fast and delicious recipe that I used as a healthy light meal. I will certainly make this again and I think that next time I'll add some red pepper and mushrooms. Yummmm :D. Made for PAC, Spring '10.
What a fabulous way to enjoy vegetables! :) I used my Vegetable Stock and creamy Greek yoghurt (as that's my regular yoghurt); and used fresh basil, oregano and thyme. Loved the lemony yoghurt sauce. I'll be making this regularly from now on and look forward to trying it with different vegetables and different herbs. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!