I tried to recreate the best Greek Salad I've ever had.Serve with crusty bread to soak up the wonderful juice at the bottom of the salad bowls. If available please use fresh herbs.
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 slender green cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 8 ounces feta cheese, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Slice cucumber in 1/2 lenghtwise then in cut in chunks.
- Wash, core and seed peppers. Cut in half then cut into thick strips.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Place prepared ingredients in a bowl; top with the olives.
- Pour on dressing just before serving.Top with strips of Feta Cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
- For dressing: Put ingredients a screw top jar, seal and shake well.
- Shake again just before serving.
- Serve in individual salad bowls.