1/13 Photos of Greek Village Salad (Nick and Marina Makris Horiatiki Salad)
Recipe from one of our favorite places to eat when in the city - Nicky's! Love this recipe shared by Nick and Marina Makris in a local cookbook. An awesome salad that allows the fresh taste of the ingredients to shine and just the way I like it! I do offer a Greek dressing when serving to guests, but find most enjoy the salad unadorned - and always an empty bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large tomatoes (not over ripe, cut into small wedges)
- 1 English cucumber (cut in 1/2 inch cubes or smaller )
- 1 medium red onion (cut in thin wedges)
- 1 large green pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 lb feta cheese (cubed or crumbled)
- 12 black Greek olives (or green)
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (optional)
- 1Cut the tomatoes into small wedges, cube the cucumber, cut red onion into thin wedges, slice green pepper, and place into large bowl.
- 2Add the cubed or crumbled feta cheeses, olives and olive oil and salt to taste.
- 3At this point I toss and sprinkle with Italian parsley and some of the crumbled cheese.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Village Salad (Nick and Marina Makris Horiatiki Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 373.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g