Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use this on salad and I will add things like feta cheese, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, etc. It even tastes great on ordinary tossed salad or over grilled halloumi cheese.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar and spices in a blender.
- Slowly stream oil into mixture as it blends remove the little cap and pour through the hole), until the dressing emulsifies.
- Serve over mixed greens or salad of your choice.
I will definitely use this recipe often - it's so full of flavor! I left out the sugar and didn't miss it at all. I also used white wine vinegar instead of red, because it was all I had. Also, I didn't feel like pulling out the blendar, so I just minced up the garlic super-fine, threw everything into a mason jar, and shook until combined. Loved it! Thanks!
This was so simple and lovely. I added two chillis and used 5 leaves of Stevia instead of sugar. I made 2 cups. Used this with My Big Fat Greek Pasta Salad
Thanks for the recipe! This is full of flavour and is so easy to make. I put it in my Magic Bullet and have it ready for dinner in less than two minutes. It's so much nicer than buying bottled dressing.