1/4 Photos of Greek Walnut Pie
1 hr 5 mins
A honey-lemon syrup is poured over this nutty pie after baking, creating a new twist on baklava. Recipe created by Maria E. Irvine a Pillsbury Bake-Off 41 Contestant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, melted, cooled
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Heat oven to 325°F Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using sprayed pie pan.
- 2In medium bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Pour and evenly spread 1/4 cup of the cooled melted butter over bottom of pie crust. Spread walnut mixture evenly over butter. Drizzle another 1/4 cup butter over nut mixture.
- 3Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut large slits in several places in top crust for steam to escape. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly over top crust.
- 4Bake at 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. About 5 minutes before removing pie from oven, in 1-quart saucepan, cook honey and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has a watery consistency.
- 5Remove pie from oven; place on wire rack. Slowly pour hot honey mixture evenly over top of hot pie, making sure it seeps into slits in top crust. Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
- 6Just before serving, in small bowl with electric mixer, beat topping ingredients on high speed about 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon topping onto individual servings of pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Walnut Pie
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.0
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 277.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g