1/4 Photos of Greek Walnut Pie
1 hr 5 mins
A honey-lemon syrup is poured over this nutty pie after baking, creating a new twist on baklava. Recipe created by Maria E. Irvine a Pillsbury Bake-Off 41 Contestant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, melted, cooled
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Heat oven to 325°F Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using sprayed pie pan.
- 2In medium bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Pour and evenly spread 1/4 cup of the cooled melted butter over bottom of pie crust. Spread walnut mixture evenly over butter. Drizzle another 1/4 cup butter over nut mixture.
- 3Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut large slits in several places in top crust for steam to escape. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly over top crust.
- 4Bake at 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. About 5 minutes before removing pie from oven, in 1-quart saucepan, cook honey and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has a watery consistency.
- 5Remove pie from oven; place on wire rack. Slowly pour hot honey mixture evenly over top of hot pie, making sure it seeps into slits in top crust. Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
- 6Just before serving, in small bowl with electric mixer, beat topping ingredients on high speed about 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon topping onto individual servings of pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Walnut Pie
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.0
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 277.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g