--Adopted Recipe-- Preparation time has been adjusted since first reviewed. Preparation time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften butter to room temperature, then beat with electric mixer 10 minutes, or until white and creamy.
- 2Continuing to beat constantly, add the 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolk, and orange juice, until mixture is thick like mayonnaise.
- 3Sift flour and cornstarch into bowl and continue mixing until mixed well, then knead for 5 minutes.
- 4Roll dough into a round log and cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices, then shape with fingers into crescent shapes.
- 5Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Stick a whole clove in the center of each cookie, and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle 1 cup (of the 1 pound) sugar on a large sheet of waxed paper, then gently transfer the hot cookies (using a spatula) onto the waxed paper, as soon as they come out of the oven.
- 8Place cookies side by side on the waxed paper, and once they are all on the paper, sift the remaining sugar over the cookies.
- 9Cool 4 hours,then serve, or wait until the next day when they are even better.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Wedding Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.1
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g