Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
--Adopted Recipe-- Preparation time has been adjusted since first reviewed. Preparation time does not include cooling time.
- Soften butter to room temperature, then beat with electric mixer 10 minutes, or until white and creamy.
- Continuing to beat constantly, add the 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolk, and orange juice, until mixture is thick like mayonnaise.
- Sift flour and cornstarch into bowl and continue mixing until mixed well, then knead for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough into a round log and cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices, then shape with fingers into crescent shapes.
- Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Stick a whole clove in the center of each cookie, and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 cup (of the 1 pound) sugar on a large sheet of waxed paper, then gently transfer the hot cookies (using a spatula) onto the waxed paper, as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Place cookies side by side on the waxed paper, and once they are all on the paper, sift the remaining sugar over the cookies.
- Cool 4 hours,then serve, or wait until the next day when they are even better.