1/2 Photos of Greek Yoghurt Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is really a great cake. For some reason, I'm partial to it cold, straight out of the fridge, with a glass of ice-cold milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces brandy
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (if this is unavailable, use sour cream)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1Boil all of syrup ingredients together first to make syrup (10 minutes- remove zest).
- 2It must be cool before being poured onto hot cake.
- 3Beat butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar till creamy and light-coloured (about 5 minutes).
- 4Add yolks, peel, extract and brandy and beat until pale and thick.
- 5Sift dry ingredients and add alternately to the creamed mixture with the yoghurt.
- 6Beat whites until stiff and glossy.
- 7Fold into batter mixture along with almonds.
- 8Pour into a buttered 13 x 9 x 2" baking dish and bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes or until done.
- 9Check cake after about 25 minutes of baking. If the colour is already dark enough (as is the case for me), cover with a piece of aluminum foil and continue baking.
- 10Pour cooled syrup over hot cake and allow cake to cool completely.
- 11Cut into diamond-shaped pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Yoghurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 923.0
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 437.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 106.2 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of