1/1 Photo of Greek Zucchini Cakes
This is a great recipe to make in the summer if you're like me and have an abbundance zucchini from the gardens of all your friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini, Grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1Combine the grated zucchini and salt.
- 2Set aside for 5 minutes, but no more or it will be mushy.
- 3Rinse in cold water and squeeze dry in a towel or press in a strainer until dry.
- 4Combine the cheese, egg, green onions, flour, pine nuts, dill, oregano, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl; fold in the zucchini.
- 5Form into 24 small cakes (about 2 tbsp of mixture for each) and saute in olive oil, turning once, until brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7A good cucumber, gyro type sauce is great to serve on the side with these.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Zucchini Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g