1/1 Photo of Greek Zucchini Cakes
This is a great recipe to make in the summer if you're like me and have an abbundance zucchini from the gardens of all your friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini, Grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1Combine the grated zucchini and salt.
- 2Set aside for 5 minutes, but no more or it will be mushy.
- 3Rinse in cold water and squeeze dry in a towel or press in a strainer until dry.
- 4Combine the cheese, egg, green onions, flour, pine nuts, dill, oregano, garlic, and pepper in a large bowl; fold in the zucchini.
- 5Form into 24 small cakes (about 2 tbsp of mixture for each) and saute in olive oil, turning once, until brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7A good cucumber, gyro type sauce is great to serve on the side with these.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Zucchini Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g