1/6 Photos of Green Bean Salad in Tangy Vinaigrette
Just made up this recipe today to use up some ambelofasoula (I've never seen this bean in Canada and don't know if it has an English name). All kinds of green beans would be good in this refreshing salad, I expect. Steaming time is approximate as everyone likes their beans softer/crispier. 8 minutes is what worked for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, topped and tailed, strings removed (unless beans are the type that haven't any and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths)
- 1Steam the green beans until crisp-tender.
- 2Drain in a large colander and run under cold water.
- 3Leave to drain thoroughly, about 10 minutes.
- 4Make vinaigrette: In a small blender, whisk all blender ingredients until emulsified.
- 5Check seasoning and adjust (you will probably find that you will need to add more salt after you add the vinaigrette to the green beans).
- 6Pour dressing onto green beans in a pretty bowl and toss to coat.
- 7Allow beans to 'sit' in dressing for at least 1/2 hour before serving to absorb dressing.
- 8Re-toss just before serving.
- 9Sprinkle toasted walnuts over and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Salad in Tangy Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.2
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g