This is a great Brunch dish. You can "do ahead" and then pop it into the oven 30 minutes before serving. Goes well as a side dish and is good for a pot luck too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups fresh spinach, washed,cooked until wilted,drain,reserve 8-10 leaves whole,squeeze and chop remaining spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- 1Grease a 4 cup ring mould and line it with the 8-10 whole spinach leaves.
- 2Melt butter in a skillet and cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened, remove from heat.
- 3Mix together the onion, chopped spinach, milk, cheese, bread crumbs, dill, lemon rind, pepper and eggs.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Pour into the spinach lined mould.
- 6Bake in 350F degrees oven for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- 7Invert onto a serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green & White Feta Ring (Spinach & Feta)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 444.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 12.2 g