1/4 Photos of Greg's Shrimp Saganaki
Boonyas mom's Note:
This is my husband's creation and it is so good. Make sure to serve it with some nice crusty bread to mop up the sauce. We serve it as a starter but it could easily be a main dish with greek orzo. The fresh herb and real lemon juice make a big difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs extra-large shrimp, uncooked
- 2 (28 ounce) cans plum tomatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil (GREEK of course)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 white onions, sliced thinly
- 1 -2 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Peel and butterfly the shrimp.
- 2Set shrimp aside.
- 3Saute the onions and garlic in 2tsp olive oil.
- 4Add tomatoes and wine to onion and garlic and cook for 1/2hour over low heat (the longer the better the sauce.
- 5saute shrimp until just barely pink, add to sauce.
- 6Add fresh oregano,lemon juice and zest
- 7Pour everything into baking dish and crumble the feta on top.
- 8Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greg's Shrimp Saganaki
Serving Size: 1 (633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.4
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 478.4 mg
- Sodium 2578.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 58.6 g