The colorful kebabs feature the popular Greek flavors of mint and oregano. Serve them over rice or with pita bread and a greek salad. The chicken needs to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix chicken, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, mint, oregano, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Let marinate 30 minutes. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil and lemon juice in small bowl to blend.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Pull off large mint leaves from stems. Alternate chicken, onion, and mint leaves on skewers; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until chicken is just cooked through, turning and basting occasionally with oil-lemon mixture, about 9 minutes. Serve Greek Salad alongside.