Always loved the taste of Greek Yogurt sauce that accompanies Chicken Souvlaki and Gyros. Created this recipe so that I could enjoy it at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces plain yogurt (if skim or low-fat yogurt is used, strain in coffee filter overnight before using, to remove excess)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (pressed through a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper
For Chicken and Veggies
- 6 boneless chicken cutlets
- 2 (2/3 ounce) packets Good Seasons salad dressing mix, prepared according to packet instructions
- 3 zucchini, sliced into 2 inch rounds
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 green peppers, trimmed an cut into 2 inch squares
- potato, small, whole, 2 cans
- pita bread (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- 1For yogurt sauce: Mix all ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
- 2For chicken and veggies: Cut chicken breasts into 2" pieces.
- 3Marinate in one of the prepared Good Seasons dressing for at least 1 hour. (The other one will be used for basting)
- 4Remove chicken from marinade--discard marinade.
- 5Alternately thread chicken, zucchini, onions, and green peppers on skewer (can cook veggies separately from chicken if desired) On separate skewers thread potatoes.
- 6Preheat grill until hot.
- 7Baste potatoes with dressing and place on grill, turning and basting occasionally--cook until browned.
- 8Grill chicken until cooked, basting occasionally.
- 9Veggies are done when they're tender and darkened around the edges.
- 10Brush both sides of pita with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes each side.
- 11Serve chicken, veggies, and potatoes with yogurt sauce and pitas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken/Veggie Kabobs With Greek Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Good Seasons salad dressing mix