Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Always loved the taste of Greek Yogurt sauce that accompanies Chicken Souvlaki and Gyros. Created this recipe so that I could enjoy it at home.
- 16 ounces plain yogurt (if skim or low-fat yogurt is used, strain in coffee filter overnight before using, to remove excess)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (pressed through a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper
For Chicken and Veggies
- 6 boneless chicken cutlets
- 2 (2/3 ounce) packets Good Seasons salad dressing mix, prepared according to packet instructions
- 3 zucchini, sliced into 2 inch rounds
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 green peppers, trimmed an cut into 2 inch squares
- potato, small, whole, 2 cans
- pita bread (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- For yogurt sauce: Mix all ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
- For chicken and veggies: Cut chicken breasts into 2" pieces.
- Marinate in one of the prepared Good Seasons dressing for at least 1 hour. (The other one will be used for basting)
- Remove chicken from marinade--discard marinade.
- Alternately thread chicken, zucchini, onions, and green peppers on skewer (can cook veggies separately from chicken if desired) On separate skewers thread potatoes.
- Preheat grill until hot.
- Baste potatoes with dressing and place on grill, turning and basting occasionally--cook until browned.
- Grill chicken until cooked, basting occasionally.
- Veggies are done when they're tender and darkened around the edges.
- Brush both sides of pita with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes each side.
- Serve chicken, veggies, and potatoes with yogurt sauce and pitas.