Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ohhhh, so good, especially serves with Greek Lemon Potatoes from Zaar chefs. YUMMY! from Everyday FOODS magazine. Note: This is VERY LEMONY, adjust lemon ingredients to your preference.
- Make marinade in small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oregano, oil, 2 teas. Kosher salt and 1 teas. fresh black pepper.
- Divide marinade between 2 large re-sealable plastic bags.
- Lightly pierce chicken with meat fork to deeply accept marinade.
- Place 2 chicken halves in each bag; shake to coat. let marinate at room temp 30 minutes, turning bags occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium and lightly oil grates.
- Remove chicken from bags and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until lightly browned and cooked throughly, about 20 minutes.
- Instant read thermometer should read 175*F when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken.
- (If browning too quick, move to part of grill with less heat or turn down grill.).
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Tent with foil; let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lemon halves on grill; cook to slightly char, 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with oregano sprigs and service with grilled lemons.
Great change of pace recipe for grilled chicken. My daughter loves it! <br/><br/>Chef Colt, I pounded my chicken out evenly before marinading and grilled it in my barrel smoker over lowered direct heat. It only took around thirty minutes, if that.
Great Marinade, Great chicken. We like the lemon marinade so much we double it. Only problem I see with this recipe is the cooking time. I'd like to know what grill will cook 4 chicken halves in 20 minutes. I want one! Figure at least 1 hr 15 mins instead cooking between 375 and 400 degrees.
Had this recipe off the grill last night and it was ever so tasty. I cut all ingredients in half and wish I'd used more lemon juice, but will surely be trying this again..soon. Thanks for sharing.