1/3 Photos of Grilled Greek Chicken
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Ohhhh, so good, especially serves with Greek Lemon Potatoes from Zaar chefs. YUMMY! from Everyday FOODS magazine. Note: This is VERY LEMONY, adjust lemon ingredients to your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make marinade in small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oregano, oil, 2 teas. Kosher salt and 1 teas. fresh black pepper.
- 2Divide marinade between 2 large re-sealable plastic bags.
- 3Lightly pierce chicken with meat fork to deeply accept marinade.
- 4Place 2 chicken halves in each bag; shake to coat. let marinate at room temp 30 minutes, turning bags occasionally.
- 5Preheat grill to medium and lightly oil grates.
- 6Remove chicken from bags and pat dry with paper towels.
- 7Place chicken on grill and cook until lightly browned and cooked throughly, about 20 minutes.
- 8Instant read thermometer should read 175*F when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken.
- 9(If browning too quick, move to part of grill with less heat or turn down grill.).
- 10Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Tent with foil; let rest 10 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, place lemon halves on grill; cook to slightly char, 8-10 minutes.
- 12Garnish chicken with oregano sprigs and service with grilled lemons.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (778 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1257.9
- Calories from Fat 630
- Total Fat 70.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 435.8 mg
- Sodium 430.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 142.8 g