Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to put together, throw it on the grill or roast in the oven. Serve with a Greek salad and some rustic bread. Adapted from Bobby Flay's BBQ with Bobby Flay. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 roasting chicken
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage (or 1 tbls. fresh)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Brush chicken lightly all over with olive oil.
- Season 1/2 chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, sage and lemon juice.
- Place on grill for about 30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once or twice.
My DH and I were dying to have something on the grill, so I made this chicken and it was great! Moist, and tender and the herbs were so delicious on the chicken!
We really enjoyed this chicken, however, I made it in the oven instead of the grill. I cooked it for 40 minutes on speed bake 375 degrees. Skin came out crispy and meat was moist and tender. If I bake again, I will either baste the chicken as it cooks or marinate it in greek salad dressing for 6-8 hours prior to preparing the recipe. Overall, very tasty, effortless main dish!
Delicious, I added in some cayenne pepper, used seasoned salt and increased the sage, I just used a cut-up fryer chicken, thanks again Sharon!