Quick to fix salad with chicken with a couple of Greek accents. Prep time does not include marinating time. I like to put the chicken in the marinade and then pop them in the freezer. A quick thaw in the microwave, drain and then throw them on the countertop grill and you are good to go!
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup ripe sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup crouton
- In a medium bowl, combine salad dressing, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and oregano; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 the mixture.
- Pour remaining mixture into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag.
- Shake to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to overnight.
- Drain marinade.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium coals 5 to 6 minutes per side or until tender.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Combine with reserved dressing and remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
My son could eat at the greek restaurant everyday, I have made several greek salads but he is very picky, well he loved this one and so did I, I followed your recipe exactly, minus the croutons and we will make this again. Thanks Laurie for a great recipe.