1/2 Photos of Grilled Halloumi Appetizer Salad
Chef Kate's Note:
Distinctive Halloumi cheese pairs with crisp red onions, tender zucchini, zesty lime juice and fruity olive oil in this grilled delight. Halloumi, a goat and sheep milk cheese, doesn't melt so you can throw it right on the grill. Delicious as an appetizer, add some Kalamata olives and pita bread for a light summer entrée. Courtesy of Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill.
- 2Slice Halloumi in half lengthwise.
- 3Rub Halloumi halves with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- 4Drizzle one tablespoon of the olive oil on the red onion slices and one tablespoon on the zucchini slices.
- 5Grill Halloumi, red onions and zucchini, until beginning to blacken, turning frequently, about 2–4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer Halloumi to a cutting board and slice each piece in half to make four pieces.
- 7Transfer Halloumi and vegetables to large platter.
- 8Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice to taste, and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Halloumi Appetizer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: