1/3 Photos of Grilled Marinated Mushrooms
Sue Lau's Note:
Mmmmmmmmm......Pile these on a warm piece of pita bread stuffed with feta cheese and pitted kalamata olives. Now this is eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 -20 medium-size mushrooms, brushed clean,stems removed,cut in half
- 1Combine all ingredients except mushrooms in a small pan; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 2Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- 3Allow mushrooms to cool in liquid.
- 4(Best results if you take mushrooms and liquid when cool and refrigerate, allowing to marinate, up to 4 days) Thread mushrooms on metal skewers or wood skewers that have soaked at least 20 minutes in warm water (to prevent burning).
- 5Discard marinade.
- 6Grill skewers 3-4 minutes per side over medium heat, turning once.
- 7Serve with warm pita bread, feta cheese and kalamata olives, if you desire.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Marinated Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g