Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Excellent flavor, with a slight char and a slightly tangy Mediterranean flavor to it.
Make and share this Grilled Mediterranean Artichokes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium artichokes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 large lemon, quartered
- all purpose Greek seasoning (optional, but recommended)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a stockpot, bring 2 quart of water to a boil.
- Trim the stems of the artichokes. Cut each in half lengthwise. With the tip of a knife, scrape out the choke (the sharp little hairs). Rinse well.
- Place the artichoke halves, along with the olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and quartered lemon, into boiling water and lower the heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.