1 hr 35 mins
This is from Bobby Flay's Pizzas on the Grill episode. Looks fabulous! Feel free to change out the vegetables! And the hummus all by itself is so good! If you want, use storebought pizza crust to make this go faster. Some even buy storebought hummus. I have changed up just a teeeny bit! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (from dried, or canned)
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, use as much as you can handle)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pizza dough, rolled into 2 (10-inch)
- olive oil
- 2 grilled red peppers, cut into strips
- 6 grilled scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut in 1/2 and grilled (or try mushrooms if you don't like eggplant)
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and grilled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder (or chili powder)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped black kalamata olive
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1For the hummus:.
- 2Place the chickpeas, garlic, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, honey and tahini in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3For the pizza:.
- 4Heat the grill to high. Brush both sides of the pizzas with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- 5Top each pizza with the spicy hummus. Arrange desired veggies on top of the hummus and top with the goat cheese. Season with salt, pepper and ancho chili powder. Place the bread back on the grill, close the cover and grill for 5 minutes to heat through. Remove and add black olives and fresh basil.
- 6Pizza Dough:
- 72/3 cup lukewarm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
- 82 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 91/2 teaspoon sugar
- 102 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for oiling bowl
- 111 3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 121/4 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 132 teaspoons coarse salt
- 14In a large bowl stir together 1/3 cup water, yeast, and sugar and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/3 cup water, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 3/4 cups flour, cornmeal, and salt and blend until the mixture forms a dough. Knead dough on a floured surface, incorporating as much of remaining 1/4 cup flour, as necessary, to prevent dough from sticking, until smooth about 5 to 10 minutes. Form the dough into a ball.
- 15Lightly oil the sides and bottom of a large bowl with oil, add the dough, turn to coat in the oil, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Gently punch the dough down and divide into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 10-inch circle that is 1/8-inch thick. Brush off excess flour and transfer the dough to a baking sheet, cover each circle of dough with plastic wrap and continue stacking rolled out pieces on top of each other. Wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to grill.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pizza With Hummus, Veggies, Goat Cheese and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.1
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 655.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: