Battle in Seattle's Note:
I got this recipe from Weight Watchers, and it's actually one I can "trick" my husband into eating if I don't tell him where it's from. Their version says this serves four, but that's only at four-ounce portions. So, I put it in here as serving two--as two breast (halves) typically make up a pound. But, if you're watching your waistline, this is a great one! Try it with some steamed spinach and my Saffron Rice Pilaf With Red Peppers & Toasted Almonds, and I guarantee it's as good as any restaurant meal! (Incidentally, a four-ounce portion is worth 5 points on WW.) Read the recipe through before you start!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt, Greek style recommended, divided
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- cooking spray
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (do not peel)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups yogurt, 2 chopped garlic cloves, rosemary and lemon juice. Add chicken and let mixture marinate at least 15 minutes, or preferably overnight.
- 2Coat stove top grill pan (or broiler pan) with cooking spray. Place grill pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken and peppers, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Or, preheat broiler on high and broil chicken and peppers, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 3Meanwhile, to make relish, in a medium bowl, combine cucumber, onion, remaining 1/2 cup of yogurt, remaining chopped garlic clove, parsley, oil, salt and pepper. Serve relish over chicken. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of chicken/pepper mixture and 1/2 cup of relish per serving.
- 4P.S. You can leave the chicken breasts whole when cooking, but they will take five to ten minutes longer than what's above. Also, they'll cook longer (when whole) than the peppers, so watch that the peppers don't burn! You can also cook this outdoors on the grill.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Rosemary Chicken With Cucumber Relish
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 2090.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 69.7 g