There is definilty more than one tradition going on in this recipe. Dill and cucumber unite in a Greek-inspired salad, while salmon and dill are a typical Scandinavian pairing. A great recipe adapted from Food & Wine Magazine. Wine: They suggest a good Sancerre or Pouilly-Fumé to make the fresh, bright flavors of this pasta salad sing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb orzo pasta (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 grated lemon, zest of
- 1Place large pot of water on a burner and bring to a boil for the orzo.
- 2In a strainer placed over a bowl, toss cucumber, tomatoes, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and let drain for 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat grill.
- 4Cook orzo until JUST done, about 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Toss orzo with the 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, 1/3 cup dill, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 5Coat salmon with 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 6Grill salmon, skin-side up, for 4 minutes. Turn and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon dill and lemon zest.
- 7Cook salmon until golden and just barely done (the fish should still be translucent in the center), about 3 minutes longer.
- 8Serve salmon on top of the salad.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon & Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 704.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of