Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from our "Parade" Magazine. It was very good. I especially liked the vinaigrette. I served it on the side. Instead of radicchio (which my kids hate) I used a bag of Italian blend lettuce. I also halved the amount of mint leaves and used fresh oregano instead of dried. Great dinner for those hot summer nights.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio (I used an Italian blend bag of lettuce instead)
- 2 lbs ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 8 pieces each
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, coarsely chopped
- Prepare vinaigrette: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil until thickened.
- Set aside.
- Toss together the shrimp, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, tossing once.
- Thread the shrimp on 12 metal skewers.
- Grill the shrimp over high heat for no more that 2 minutes per side, turning carefully.
- Remove shrimp to a large bowl.
- If using radicchio: Trim the tough white bottom section off each leaf then add the leaves to the shrimp.
- If using bag lettuce just place into large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp along with tomatoes, cheese and mint.
- Toss with vinaigrette.
This recipe provided the BEST dinner I've fixed in a while. A real great summer meal! My husband and 15 year-old son RAVED about this. The only change I made was using fresh spinach. The mint turned out to have a subtle pleasant flavor mixed with the grilled shrimp. Very enjoyable and different.
These were absolutely delicious, with a nice tangy flavour from the lemon juice. I wsn't sure how shrimps and feta cheese would work together, but the combo really did it. Made for ZWT4.
This is one of those recipes you just want to keep around - its easy - taste is incredible and a true ccrowd pleaser - 30 people went crazy over it!!! made for ZWT