mary winecoff's Note:
I got this recipe from our "Parade" Magazine. It was very good. I especially liked the vinaigrette. I served it on the side. Instead of radicchio (which my kids hate) I used a bag of Italian blend lettuce. I also halved the amount of mint leaves and used fresh oregano instead of dried. Great dinner for those hot summer nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio (I used an Italian blend bag of lettuce instead)
- 2 lbs ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 8 pieces each
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup mint leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1Prepare vinaigrette: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil until thickened.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Toss together the shrimp, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 5Let rest for 15 minutes, tossing once.
- 6Thread the shrimp on 12 metal skewers.
- 7Grill the shrimp over high heat for no more that 2 minutes per side, turning carefully.
- 8Remove shrimp to a large bowl.
- 9If using radicchio: Trim the tough white bottom section off each leaf then add the leaves to the shrimp.
- 10If using bag lettuce just place into large serving bowl.
- 11Add shrimp along with tomatoes, cheese and mint.
- 12Toss with vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Feta and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 285.9 mg
- Sodium 608.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of