Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
ALWAYS inspired by what I read, TRUE! And if don't have an ingredient on hand, find substitute too! Give credit where it is due, SO SIMPLY this recipe is, healthy and love making my own sauce with the recipe! WHOO HOO! http://cookingbymary.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/grilled-greek-style-chicken-gyros-with-tzatziki-sauce/ NOTE:NOTE: Served with Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, red capsicum & torn lettuce leaves and topped with crumbled feta cheese NOTE: Prep time does not include marinating time
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 500 g boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- WHISK ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoons white vinegar, 4 garlic cloves --- peeled and minced,1 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp, salt, 1 tsp pepper in bowl; ADD chicken and refrigerate for 30 - 60 minutes.
- In small bowl, COMBINE 1 glove of garlic --- peeled and minced, Greek yogurt, cucumber --- peeled, patted dry, grated, 1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 Tbsp olive oil, dill; refridgerate until ready to use.
- HEAT pan, drain chicken, GRILL about 3 - 4 minutes each side until cooked and a bit "charred looking"; remove to a platter and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Arrange plate and enjoy!