1/1 Photo of Grilled Vegetable Salad With Feta
A versatile recipe from Ellie Krieger at Foodnetwork. Posting for ZWT6. You could prepare the veggies and dressing ahead, cut the 1/2 inch pieces right before assembling,and then assemble and portion out what you want later. If you want to give this more substance, serve with rice or couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lb eggplant, cut across into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped (optional)
- 1Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a tray or work surface.
- 2Lightly spray both sides of veggies with olive oil cooking spray.
- 3Preheat a grill or grill pan over a medium-high heat.
- 4Grill the vegetables in batches until both sides are nicely charred and the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes for the pepper, about 8 minutes for the eggplant and onion, and about 6 minutes for the zucchini and mushrooms.
- 5When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
- 7Pour over the vegetables and toss.
- 8Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 9Gently stir in the tomatoes and mint.
- 10Divide the salad between 4 plates and sprinkle with the feta and pistachios.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetable Salad With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 224.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g