Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A versatile recipe from Ellie Krieger at Foodnetwork. Posting for ZWT6. You could prepare the veggies and dressing ahead, cut the 1/2 inch pieces right before assembling,and then assemble and portion out what you want later. If you want to give this more substance, serve with rice or couscous.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lb eggplant, cut across into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (about 8 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a tray or work surface.
- Lightly spray both sides of veggies with olive oil cooking spray.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over a medium-high heat.
- Grill the vegetables in batches until both sides are nicely charred and the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes for the pepper, about 8 minutes for the eggplant and onion, and about 6 minutes for the zucchini and mushrooms.
- When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the tomatoes and mint.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and sprinkle with the feta and pistachios.
Lots of good flavors in this salad! I'm using the leftovers to make a sub. Thanks!
Loved this salad, the light dressing allowed the flavor of the grilled vegetables to come through. Next time will try it with the mint and pistachios. Thank You. Made for ZWT6 the No-Nonsense Nibblers.