So tasty and different! You can substitute ground lamb for the beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Burgers
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 small pita bread
- 1 small tomato, sliced thin
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup lettuce leaf
For the Tzatziki
- 1Combine yogurt, shredded cucumber, garlic, mint, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small container. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2Combine beef, oregano, feta cheese, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Form into 4 patties.
- 3Grill patties on each side until desired doneness is reached.
- 4Grill pitas for a minute or two on each side to warm.
- 5Assemble sandwiches - open pitas, add burger, a dollop of sauce, and any of the sliced vegetables listed above for garnish. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gyro Burgers With Tzatziki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 396.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: