1/5 Photos of Gyro Salad
A nice twist on Greek Gyros....in a salad!!! Great for summer time. Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II. See notes for Greek seasoning substitutes. Meat can also be grilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinkly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- pita bread, cut into quarters
- 1Make Yogurt Dressing by mixing yogurt, sour cream, milk, and 1 teaspoon greek seasoning with wire whisk until creamy.
- 2Cut beef into 4x1/4 inch strips.
- 3Heat oil nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add beef to skillet; sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- 4Cook stirring frequently, until beef is brown. Drain.
- 5Divide salad greens among 6 plates. Top each with cucumber, onion, tomato and beef.
- 6Serve with Yogurt dressing.
- 7Serve with pita bread quarters on the side.
- 8NOTE: Substitute for Greek seasoning on beef: 1-1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 9For the Yogurt dressing, 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gyro Salad
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens