A nice twist on Greek Gyros....in a salad!!! Great for summer time. Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II. See notes for Greek seasoning substitutes. Meat can also be grilled.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinkly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- pita bread, cut into quarters
- Make Yogurt Dressing by mixing yogurt, sour cream, milk, and 1 teaspoon greek seasoning with wire whisk until creamy.
- Cut beef into 4x1/4 inch strips.
- Heat oil nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add beef to skillet; sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- Cook stirring frequently, until beef is brown. Drain.
- Divide salad greens among 6 plates. Top each with cucumber, onion, tomato and beef.
- Serve with Yogurt dressing.
- Serve with pita bread quarters on the side.
- NOTE: Substitute for Greek seasoning on beef: 1-1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- For the Yogurt dressing, 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
We all absolutely loved this salad! The dressing is great, I did add an extra teaspoon of the Greek seasoning and a pinch of salt though. But this was definitely a hit tonight for dinner; my Greek bf said it tasted just like a gyro, thanks. Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.
We really enjoyed this salad...I did not use the dressing as I had some greek dressing I used. I did add some gyro meat to it....great salad...
AWESOME! I like it better than gyros ( DH disagrees but he's a GUY, what do you expect) on pita. Less bread, more YUM!. Our greens were home grown lettuce and kale. They held up beautifully to the high degree of seasoning. We will have this again - SOON! Made for ZWT6 Looney SPoon Phoodies UNITE! lol