A nice twist on Greek Gyros....in a salad!!! Great for summer time. Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II. See notes for Greek seasoning substitutes. Meat can also be grilled.
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, 1 to 1-1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinkly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- pita bread, cut into quarters
- Make Yogurt Dressing by mixing yogurt, sour cream, milk, and 1 teaspoon greek seasoning with wire whisk until creamy.
- Cut beef into 4x1/4 inch strips.
- Heat oil nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add beef to skillet; sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- Cook stirring frequently, until beef is brown. Drain.
- Divide salad greens among 6 plates. Top each with cucumber, onion, tomato and beef.
- Serve with Yogurt dressing.
- Serve with pita bread quarters on the side.
- NOTE: Substitute for Greek seasoning on beef: 1-1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- For the Yogurt dressing, 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt.