Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Greek/American lamb and beef mixture version of the traditional Greek lamb Gyros. Serve warm on pita bread with tzatziki sauce and thinly sliced onion, tomato and lettuce. I have used this recipe ever since I found it on "All recipes". It is great!
- preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- In large bowl, combine ground meat garlic and bread crumbs.
- knead and add all of the seasonings.
- knead until mixture is stiff and shape into 4 patties.
- Cook patties for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cook all the way through.
These are soooo goood!! My family loved them :) We did a double batch and made some into patties and browned the other as "loose-meat" gyros. Both were great!! I used Dari Donovan's Garlic Cucumber Dip ( Tzatziki ) Garlic Cucumber Dip for the Tzatziki sauce and used pita, onions, tomato and feta on our sandwiches. This has become a new family favorite. Thanks Recipe Baroness!