1/1 Photo of Halloumi and Eggplant (Aubergine) Stack
This is a wonderful vegetarian meal focusing on a marvellous Cypriot cheese - Haloumi. You could also make smaller stacks to serve 4 as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all salad dressing ingredients together and stir well.
- 2Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and place under a hot grill; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through; alternatively, grill on BBQ.
- 3Coat haloumi cheese in flour and fry in a little olive oil in a not-stick frying pan on high heat until lightly brown on both sides; alternatively, grill on BBQ (do not coat with flour if grilling on the bbq).
- 4Divide eggplant and haloumi slices into 2 equal portions; place the largest slice of eggplant on a plate, cover with one layer of haloumi cheese and alternate eggplant and haloumi slices, ending with an eggplant layer; repeat this process with the remaining eggplant and haloumi slices.
- 5Spoon salad dressing ingredients over the two stacks.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloumi and Eggplant (Aubergine) Stack
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce