1/1 Photo of Halloumi Cheese with caramelised balsamic vinegar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1Prepare dressing by heating balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add sugar and stir until it caramelises and mixture changes to a darker colour.
- 3Take off heat and set aside to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Whisk in olive oil and add seasoning to taste.
- 5Unwrap the Halloumi cheese and cut into six slices.
- 6Season flour with salt and pepper and coat pieces of Halloumi with flour on both sides.
- 7Heat Oil in a frying pan until very hot and add Halloumi pieces.
- 8Fry one or two minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 9Pour half of dressing on warm plate until it covers the whole plate evenly.
- 10Add cheese pour the rest of the dressing on top.
- 11Garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve with hot pitta bread.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloumi Cheese with caramelised balsamic vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: