1/2 Photos of Hazelnut Cookies (Foundoukia Biscotakia)
The perfect accompaniment to fruit or cream desserts. These are "sweet and spicy". Very good with Fragrant Apricot Ice Cream (Verikoka Pagota Aromatika). Posted for ZWT6. From "Flavors of Greece" by Rosemary Barron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup aromatic honey, such as Hymettus or 1/3 cup orange, blossom
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups hazelnuts or 3 cups walnuts, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1Heat oven to 325.
- 2Brush 2 baking sheets with the MELTED butter and dust with flour.
- 3Beat the ROOM TEMPERATURE butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Beat in the honey,then the eggs, one at a time.
- 5Stir in the cloves, cinnamon, and half of the hazelnuts.
- 6If the mixture is not stiff enough to hold its shape, add more or all of the hazelnuts.
- 7Place heaping tablespoons of the mixture 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- 8Pull dough gently up into a cone shape.
- 9Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm, but not hard.
- 10Transfer to racks to cool.
- 11Liberally dust with confectioners' sugar and pile high on a platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Cookies (Foundoukia Biscotakia)
Serving Size: 1 (1172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g