Varying the color of your tomatoes will make for a lovely presentation.
Make and share this Heirloom Tomato Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed in a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cut into large dice (mixed colors)
- 4 kirby cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 12 ounces pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (baby romaine) or 2 heads bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- Combine dressing ingredients in a clean glass jar with a tight fitting lid; shake to combine and set aside.
- Place salad ingredients into a large serving bowl or individual bowls or plates; drizzle with dressing and serve remainder of dressing on the side.