Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Barbecue Bible Sauces, Rubs and Marinades. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Hellas Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice (or 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Combine cucumber, tomato, onion and parsley in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to mix.
- Best if eaten within 2 hours of making.
This might be a relish for others, but for us it was great as a dip with the large corn scoops! The only change I made when preparing it was to cut the olive oil back to a little less than 2 tablespoons! Loved the taste & will definitely be making it again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Great little number to have in your repetoire. I must admit, I overlooked the lemon all together, but it wasn't missed. This was just the touch of colour and flavour that a rather plain dish of asian noodles needed. Sounds like a strange combo, but it really worked...I think it would work with most things.
This was so easy to put together and so yummy. I served this with Greek pita chips and we all loved it. This has been added to the regular rotation. Thanks for sharing :)