Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish originates with the old Paradise Restaurant in Manhattan, on 41st Street. I have not made this shrimp dish, but am putting it up here as I seek out "american" and "new york" recipes in honour of the first anniversary of the September 11 tragedy. This recipe was originally published in "Secrets from New York's Best Restaurants", and repeated in "New York Cookbook".
- Preheat oven to 425F; have ready an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until light golden brown; about 7 minutes.
- Then add parsley, garlic and sugar to onions and stir well.
- Next, add tomatoes and cook until they soften and their liquid is absorbed; about 20 minutes.
- Now add wine to skillet and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Next, add shrimp, stirring constantly, for just 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- Pour shrimp mixture into casserole dish and top with the feta.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked (don't overcook the shrimp though) and the cheese melts.