1/1 Photo of Herb Grilled Rack of Lamb
Smoky Okie's Note:
Quick and easy yet elegant grilled main dish. Herb measurements are approximate, and any of the savory , or mint family of herbs may be used. If you use fresh herbs, you can't go wrong. The only sin is to not use enough. If fresh herbs aren't available, you may substitute dried herbs, but reduce the quantities to 2-3 tsp. each. Frenched Lamb racks are available in vac packs most everywhere. If not, ask your butcher to french them for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Day before, up till one hour before cooking, salt and pepper Lamb to taste.
- 2Rub Lamb gently to coat with EVOO.
- 3Rub minced garlic evenly to Lamb.
- 4Combine herbs, fluff together, and spread evenly on cutting board.
- 5Roll lamb in chopped herbs to coat, sprinkling herbs onto the concave side of the rack, or anywhere that they don't stick.
- 6Allow all to macerate 1- 24 hours.
- 7Allow meat to come to room temp before grilling.
- 830-45 minutes before grilling, prepare a hot grill for direct/indirect grilling.
- 9Stand racks up on end facing eachother so as to support eachother, and grill on high heat 3-4 minutes.
- 10Grill outside of racks on high heat 2-3 minutes.
- 11Drop coals, or reduce heat to medium and grill inside side of racks 2-3 minutes, or to an internal temp of 115*.
- 12Rest meat 10 minutes before carving.
- 13Slice using bones for a guide (should look like rare lamb chops.).
- 14Serve on platter w/ rosemary sprig and/or mint leaves.
- 15Note: Cooking times will vary depending on cut of meat, type of grill, etc. As with all grill recipes, use your own judgement.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Grilled Rack of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.4
- Calories from Fat 684
- Total Fat 76.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 158.0 mg
- Sodium 117.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.4 g