This recipe is simple, delicious, and full of bright flavors. Best of all it contains no mayo, so it is perfect for all day picnics! UPDATE: Thanks to magpie diner for pointing out that the potato proportions were way off. I've updated to point out that this recipe is for 5 lbs of potatoes. Thanks and enjoy!
- Watch potatoes and remove eyes, chop into large dice (Do not remove skins).
- Cover potatoes with salted water and boil for 20-30 minutes. Potatoes should be tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, finely chop all of the herbs and the shallots.
- In salad bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and honey until emulsified. Add lots of freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir in herbs and shallots.
- Drain potatoes. Pour them into salad dressing and stir to evenly coat.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Add a pinch more vinegar if it doesn't seem tangy enough.
- Options: Stir in either cheese to make creamier; Garnish with grape tomatoes for color.