This recipe is simple, delicious, and full of bright flavors. Best of all it contains no mayo, so it is perfect for all day picnics! UPDATE: Thanks to magpie diner for pointing out that the potato proportions were way off. I've updated to point out that this recipe is for 5 lbs of potatoes. Thanks and enjoy!
- Watch potatoes and remove eyes, chop into large dice (Do not remove skins).
- Cover potatoes with salted water and boil for 20-30 minutes. Potatoes should be tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, finely chop all of the herbs and the shallots.
- In salad bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and honey until emulsified. Add lots of freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir in herbs and shallots.
- Drain potatoes. Pour them into salad dressing and stir to evenly coat.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Add a pinch more vinegar if it doesn't seem tangy enough.
- Options: Stir in either cheese to make creamier; Garnish with grape tomatoes for color.
I love potato salad without mayo - you can taste all of the fresh summer flavours so much more. I think something might be off with the weight for the potatoes, 1 lb isn't very much, and I don't think close to enough for 6 - 8 ppl. I used 4 lbs of potatoes and doubled the dressing and there is still lots of dressing swimming in the bottom so I'm cooking up a few more potatoes to add in. Personal preference maybe, but I'm glad I didn't attempt to quadruple the dressing part. Thanks Amy, this will be a great addition to our bbq.