Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is simple, delicious, and full of bright flavors. Best of all it contains no mayo, so it is perfect for all day picnics! UPDATE: Thanks to magpie diner for pointing out that the potato proportions were way off. I've updated to point out that this recipe is for 5 lbs of potatoes. Thanks and enjoy!
- Watch potatoes and remove eyes, chop into large dice (Do not remove skins).
- Cover potatoes with salted water and boil for 20-30 minutes. Potatoes should be tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, finely chop all of the herbs and the shallots.
- In salad bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, and honey until emulsified. Add lots of freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir in herbs and shallots.
- Drain potatoes. Pour them into salad dressing and stir to evenly coat.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Add a pinch more vinegar if it doesn't seem tangy enough.
- Options: Stir in either cheese to make creamier; Garnish with grape tomatoes for color.
I love potato salad without mayo - you can taste all of the fresh summer flavours so much more. I think something might be off with the weight for the potatoes, 1 lb isn't very much, and I don't think close to enough for 6 - 8 ppl. I used 4 lbs of potatoes and doubled the dressing and there is still lots of dressing swimming in the bottom so I'm cooking up a few more potatoes to add in. Personal preference maybe, but I'm glad I didn't attempt to quadruple the dressing part. Thanks Amy, this will be a great addition to our bbq.