Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A creamy, herbed potato salad incorporating the great taste of Tahini.
Make and share this Herbed Potato Salad with Tahini Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1 cup fresh peas, blanched and rinsed in cold water
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh savory, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons water (or slightly more)
- lettuce leaves radicchio, for garnish
- In a large pot, place the potatoes and cover with lightly salted water.
- Place over medium-high heat and boil until tender but firm, 15-20 minutes.
- Don't overcook the potatoes or they will fall apart.
- Pour the potatoes into a colander and rinse until cool.
- Drain, place the potatoes in a bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut potatoes into thirds or any size you prefer, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the peas, onion, parsley, tarragon, savory, and oregano.
- Mix lightly to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and herbs and toss gently.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or radicchio.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the Tahini Dressing ingredients, adding water as needed, to make a smooth creamy dressing.
Very good salad and a nice change from the usual potato salad ladden with mayo. I made a few changes based on what I had on hand -- by using 1 green pepper chopped instead of the green peas and I also subbed 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon ground dried savory for the fresh. I also used kosher salt instead of sea salt. Even with these subsitutions this was a delicious salad and no one missed the mayo. Thanks for sharing!