Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A creamy, herbed potato salad incorporating the great taste of Tahini.
Make and share this Herbed Potato Salad with Tahini Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g new potatoes
- 236.59 ml fresh peas, blanched and rinsed in cold water
- 118.29 ml red onion, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh tarragon, minced
- 7.39 ml fresh savory, minced
- 7.39 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 29.58 ml tahini
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml water (or slightly more)
- lettuce leaves radicchio, for garnish
- In a large pot, place the potatoes and cover with lightly salted water.
- Place over medium-high heat and boil until tender but firm, 15-20 minutes.
- Don't overcook the potatoes or they will fall apart.
- Pour the potatoes into a colander and rinse until cool.
- Drain, place the potatoes in a bowl, and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut potatoes into thirds or any size you prefer, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the peas, onion, parsley, tarragon, savory, and oregano.
- Mix lightly to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and herbs and toss gently.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or radicchio.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the Tahini Dressing ingredients, adding water as needed, to make a smooth creamy dressing.
Very good salad and a nice change from the usual potato salad ladden with mayo. I made a few changes based on what I had on hand -- by using 1 green pepper chopped instead of the green peas and I also subbed 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon ground dried savory for the fresh. I also used kosher salt instead of sea salt. Even with these subsitutions this was a delicious salad and no one missed the mayo. Thanks for sharing!