This fun adaptation of "salsa" has a very zesty taste and is always a hit. It's super easy to make. You will have an empty dish to bring home for sure! I originally got this recipe from a girl I used to work with.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used flavored)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I use it from a jar)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 avocado, cubed (optional)
- serve with lime tortilla chips
- Rinse and drain beans/corn/tomatoes together in colander.
- Mix all ingredients together in serving bowl.
- Serve with Lime Tortilla Chips.
Made according to directions ! Took it to family Easter dinner, and was eagerly consumed by all. I thought it could use some additional salt after melding over night, but the flavors are are a great combo ! Thanks for posting, Cherio.
This was soooooo good - I had to make myself stop eating it! Made it as written except I left out the parlsey and avocado. For the tomatoes I used a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro. I used Pilleteri's Greek Seasoning which is produced locally and can also be ordered through pilleteri.com. Will be making this again! Made in honor of my daughter for Zaar Challenge Name Game.