1/5 Photos of Honey Lemon Yogurt Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Global Gourmet, Submitted for ZWT 6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the honey, zest, 6 tablespoons of the sugar, and 2 cups of water in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes; syrup should lightly coat the back of a metal spoon.
- 3Remove lemon peel and stir in the lemon juice.
- 4Set pan aside to cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a deep, 9-inch round cake pan.
- 6Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar together until pale and thick.
- 7Sift 1-1/4 cups of flour and baking powder together. Add to the egg mixture and stir.
- 8Add remaining butter and yogurt cheese.
- 9Add just enough flour to make a dough stiff enough to come away from the sides of the bowl.
- 10In another bowl: Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 11Add 1/3 to the yogurt batter and gently fold inches
- 12Carefully fold remaining whites into batter.
- 13Spread into cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- 14Cake should be golden brown. When cake is still warm, pour syrup over the cake. Let cake sit for at least 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Lemon Yogurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 87.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 59.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: