1/3 Photos of Honey Shortcakes and Strawberries
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups fresh fruit (such as small whole strawberries, or peeled, sliced, and or or chopped mangoes, kiwi fruit, pineappl)
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, grease and flour six 3/4 to 1-cup individual tube pans or 10-ounce custard cups; set pans or cups aside.
- 3In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F
- 5In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick.
- 6Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 7Beat in the 1/4 cup honey.
- 8Add the flour mixture; beat on low to medium speed just until combined.
- 9In a small saucepan heat and stir milk and butter until butter melts; add to batter, beating until combined.
- 10Pour batter into the prepared pans or cups.
- 11Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- 12Cool cakes in pans or cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- 14Place cakes on platter or individual plates.
- 15Combine 2 tablespoons honey, lime peel, and lime juice; toss with fruit.
- 16To serve spoon fruit mixture over cakes.
- 17Top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Shortcakes and Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 226.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: