Pies are in Greece very popular. This one was prepare with Swiss chard, but can be substitute with spinach or "vlita".
- 300 ml flour
- 80 ml olive oil
- 110 ml water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g leeks, cleaned sliced (or more if you want)
- 1 kg swiss chard, cleaned (substitute, spinach or vlita)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 200 g feta cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- sesame seeds, for decoration
- Prepare your dough mixing the ingredients if possible with a food processor.
- Cut the chard in ½ inch small pieces.
- Sautee the leek in the olive oil.
- Add to chard pieces to the leek. Cover and cook for 10 minutes covered.
- Add salt and pepper, incorporate to the greens and continue to stir over medium heat until the greens water is absorbed.
- Do not add any water.
- Keep aside to cool down a little.
- Add dill and mint.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the beaten eggs (but keep ½ beaten egg aside).
- If the greens mixture when cooled has produced a lot of liquid, drain it before adding to the cheese and egg mixture. Season again and mix well.
- Work your dough shortly and prepare your sheet.
- Now you can prepare a big pie or several small pastries.
- For the pie oil the base and the side of the container with olive oil. Coat the bottom of your mold with 2/3 of the dough. Spread your filling and cover with the sheet of the remaining dough.
- For the pastry shape “big ravioli” with the sheet of dough and the filling.
- Brush the beaten egg and decorate with sesame seeds.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 grades C for 40 minutes until pie/pastry becomes golden.
- Serve it warm or chilled.